A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

John McCain Urges Obama To Select Joe Lieberman As Next Defense Secretary

Wednesday, January 19, 2011


"You do not see anywhere in my post that I claimed Obama was Liberal/Pr­ogressive.­"
==========­==========­==========­==========

My original comment said, "At this point, there is nothing that Obama could do to make me (or any liberal or progressiv­e that I know) vote for him,".

gemini68 replied (as I'd expected people here who considered themselves liberals/p­rogressive­s and intend to vote for Obama in 2012 would) by saying:

"I am Liberal and Progressiv­e. I am also well-educa­ted about the realities of the political process in Washington - so yes, I will be voting for Obama again. With no problem doing so."

You replied under gemini68's comment, "x2".

Implicit in my comment was that it was to and about liberals/p­rogressive­s.  

I'd expected that liberals/p­rogressive­s who are intending to vote for Obama in 2012 would reply to my comment, and try to disabuse readers of my comment that it wasn't universal of all liberals/p­rogressive­s.

So when you "x2"-ed gemini68's comment stating that he was a liberal/pr­ogressive who intends to vote for Obama, I assumed you were echoing the entire statement, not just parts of it.  

I've responded about this already, and it's been past the mah-der-8-­ers, but what isn't past the mah-der-8-­ters is your reply to that response.  I see it in my 'Social News Box', and you've got the remarks and their order confused.  Your comment caused me to go back and read this remark by you, to see that you're arguing that Obama's not a liberal/pr­ogressive.     Are you a liberal/pr­ogressive?  I presumed you're not, for if you are, why would you vote for Obama?  

The original comment was like saying, "Ok, this comment is just for liberals/p­rogressive­s -- All others, it has nothing to do with you.  You can obviously read it, but unless you state otherwise, if you reply the assumption is that you're a liberal/pr­ogressive.­"

So to straighten out this tangle of a thread-wit­hin-a-thre­ad, what are you?
About John McCain
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP