A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Tax Cuts For Rich Move Forward In Senate

Monday, December 13, 2010


I know you want to get the last word in, so I'll say this, and if you don't p!ss me off too much or say something so egregiousl­y false I'll make this my last comment to you: Most "pragmatis­ts" (mumble-id­jits-mumbl­e) are short-sigh­ted and don't realize how they're flicking themselves over by selling themselves and everyone else short. For example, I am not gay but I know that if gays don't have equal rights and protection­s, I don't have them either. If they can be denied to gay people by those who happen to be sitting in managerial seats or any position of power, they can be denied to whomever the powerful decide to target next. I don't cross picket lines. Never have, never will. It's been a problem, but I have scruples. Others do cross them and justify it any number of ways, and they're living to regret it now (Walmart, lower prices, need I say more?). In my lifetime I've witnessed man's inhumanity to man, and knew it could happen anywhere, even here in the US, if certain conditions were met. I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see those conditions met. I was wrong. We're in dangerous times. You can't stick your head in the sand anymore and expect not to be called out on it. Not when you're throwing people, groups, other Democratic voters, under the bus. With the amount of money that the top 1% is getting, that the rest of us who are teetering on the edge are being stuck paying off, the only reason to leave out the 99ers (just one example) is pure gen0c!de. How out-of-tou­ch must you be to support this deal?
About Bush Tax Cuts
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP