A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Sales In Glock Pistols Up After Arizona Shootings

Tuesday, January 11, 2011


If leftwing broadcaste­rs are advocating the k!lling of Republican­s (or anyone), I'm against it.  

You obviously don't follow my writing or else you would know that I've denounced just about all of those you mention and I do it regularly, with the exception of Monteil Williams (he's not even anywhere on my radar as having expertise or influence on politics).  

I've looked up some of the comments you claim these people have made (and FWIW, the only person on your list who might be considered leftwing is Monteil Williams), and I wouldn't put their comments in the same category as rightwinge­rs at all.  I don't think that any reasonable person would agree with your characteri­zation that  Chris Matthews was "fantasizi­ng about the de@th of Rush" - Here's the clip.   

Nor would I agree that Ed Schultz's comments about Cheney are equivalent­.  

You've convenient­ly ignored my comments about the origins for h8-speech, with people on the right like Joe Pyne and Morton Downey, Jr.  Are you unfamiliar with them?  Before Sarah Palin's particular brand of vicious sarcastic bile was Maureen Reagan -- Perhaps you don't recall her radio show, but there was nobody on the left talking like that, with one exception, and he wasn't a broadcaste­r (Gore Vidal).  

Where it began is important to this discussion­.  Democrats took the high ground for many years and for many reasons.  It wasn't in Democrats' nature to engage that way, and when the DLC took over the Democratic Party, it wasn't in the DLC's interest to do it.  

If anybody ever needed evidence that the DLC is made up of DINOs, maps with bulleyes is it.
About Eat The Press
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP