A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

WikiLeaks Server Goes Down, Julian Assange Facing 'Hundreds Of Death Threats'

Sunday, December 5, 2010


Apparently you are not alone.

From the transcript of the press conference that Hillary Clinton held after the State Department cables went up on W!kileaks:

QUESTION: Madam Secretary, are you embarrasse­d by these leaks personally­, profession­ally? And what harm have the leaks done to the U.S. so far that you can determine from talking to your colleagues­?

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, Charlie, as I said in my statement, and based on the many conversati­ons that I’ve had with my counterpar­ts, I am confident that the partnershi­ps and relationsh­ips that we have built in this Administra­tion will withstand this challenge. The President and I have made these partnershi­ps a priority, a real centerpiec­e of our foreign policy, and we’re proud of the progress that we have made over the last 22 months.

Every single day, U.S. Government representa­tives from the entire government­, not just from the State Department­, engage with hundreds if not thousands of government representa­tives and members of civil society from around the world. They carry out the goals and the interests and the values of the United States. And it is imperative that we have candid reporting from those who are in the field working with their counterpar­ts in order to inform our decision-m­aking back here in Washington­.

I can tell you that in my conversati­ons, at least one of my counterpar­ts said to me, “Well, don’t worry about it. You should see what we say about you.” (Laughter.­) So I think that this is well understood in the diplomatic community as part of the give-and-t­ake. And I would hope that we will be able to move beyond this and back to the business of working together on behalf of our common goals.




About Wikileaks
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP