A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Obama: 'I Expect To Be Held Accountable' On Jobs

Friday, July 16, 2010


I go the extra mile to support 'Made in America' whenever I can, with one exception. I have bad feet and indulge in a brand of shoes that is no longer manufactured in the US (victim of NAFTA). Actually, I don't think that any shoes are manufactured any longer in the US.



The last pair of these shoes that I had, that had been made in America, are more than 20 years old. I bought a new pair after NAFTA, and they had 'Made in Mexico' on them. That pair fell apart within 2 years. I got another pair which were then 'Made in China' (Mexico had exactly 4 years to try to develop a middle class before their labor was priced out of the market by 1.3 billion Chinese). That pair also fell apart within 2 years, as has every pair since.



'American made' was a superior product.
About Barack Obama
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP