A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Does President Obama Want to Cut Social Security by 3 Percent?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Obama could make an appeal to me and the other 99%ers, saying, "I've been a fool and all that stops if I'm reelected.  All this talk of 'austerity' ends now - The 1% have gotten rich off of the poor and middle classes, and they're going to be shouldering the burden for the devastation they've created.  I'm unleashing my DoJ to start prosecuting Wall Street, torturers and the war criminals of the Bush-Cheney administration.  I will also instruct my DoJ to stop going after whistleblowers, and stop raiding and shutting down marijuana dispensaries and reschedule marijuana.  My administration will work to expand Medicare, lower the age of eligibility, and negotiate lower prices on pharmaceuticals.  Beginning today, I'll instruct the joint chiefs to begin bringing all of the troops home from Afghanistan and end the drone strikes.  The bogus war on terror ends now.  All of the free trade treaties will be renegotiated, the TransPacific transactions will be opened for scrutiny.  The People's Budget will be the template for budget talks and Erskine Bowles won't see the light of day inside an Obama cabinet.  And neoliberals will be excommunicated from my administration and the DNC."  

For starters.  

Let him work for my vote.   Would I believe him given as how he's lied?  I don't know, but as it stands now, I have absolutely no interest in voting for him, much less working for him; I do have much interest in working against him.  Obama has crossed Rubicons that no Democrat should have crossed.  Read John Cusack's Interview of Law Professor Jonathan Turley About the Obama Administration's War on the Constitution and journalist Russell Mokhiber's Ten Reasons I'm Not With Barack Obama.

Then read/listen to A Great Silence is Spreading Over the Natural World.

And Chris Hedges' Life Is Sacred (no, it's not about abortion).

Then consider all of it against the backdrop of this, AfterTheWarming.

Then vote as if your life depends on it.  Because it does.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP