A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Does President Obama Want to Cut Social Security by 3 Percent?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Kind and flattering words, but please remember this isn't about me or what I'm going to do.  I can tell you what I think the options are, but in the end people have to think it through and make the decision that works best for them - I have no doubt that they will, no matter what I say on the matter.

If the election was held today, I'd vote for Jill Stein.  Obama's 'most ardent supporters' like to say that that would be throwing my vote away.  I think voting for Obama, who takes my vote (and all others like me) for granted, is throwing my vote away.  If Obama wins reelection, it gets me absolutely nothing.  He's already said he's going to do more of the same, and worse.  Simpson-Bowles.  So an Obama win sets this government on the same trajectory as if Romney wins.  Pain and austerity for the 99%, more war crimes, more insane Republican-like policies and legislation.

But the election isn't being held today, and here's where the true colors of Obama's 'most ardent supporters' come into play.  Where they can use their influence, their power, for all of our good.  To push Obama to do the correct thing, and become the leader they want him to be.  To become the progressive, the liberal that these times call for.

KEEP READING
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP