A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Final Countdown: Keith Olbermann And MSNBC Announce They Are Parting Ways (VIDEO)

Friday, January 21, 2011


I don't agree, and here's why:

Abundant research has been done on viewers of all of these networks, on all consumers in the US and around the world.  Fox viewers are the least informed of all of the cable news channels.  They tend to watch Fox and nothing else.  They don't read newspapers­, they don't read books, they don't take in anything that might challenge their already formed ideas of how the world works.  

That's not true of MSNBC or CNN viewers.  

As an MSNBC viewer, I can tell you that I watch and read just about everything and everything I can get my eyes around EXCEPT Fox.   I can count on one hand the times that I've watched Fox, and that includes Fox entertainm­ent programs like 24 (Fox does produce that, doesn't it?).  

I don't suggest that I am the typical MSNBC viewer, but I know that I'm not atypical -- Again, from the research.  

During the Bush years, I found it shocking to learn that D/ck Ch#ney had a standing order that whenever he entered any room under his control (hotel rooms, home, his offices), all television­s were to be tuned to Fox.  Whether he watched anything else ever, I don't know.  But the informatio­n that he demanded that everything around him be seen through the Fox filter should tell you something.
About Keith Olbermann
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP