A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

Elections 2010 LIVE Updates

Thursday, October 28, 2010


To begin with, it's "you're", not "your", and I'm no DLC-Democrat.



I AM an old liberal FDR Democrat.



Let's get some definitions on the table.



I'm against privatization of government, and for regulated capitalism (like Naomi Klein, I'm for a mixed economy). I'm for social safety nets; those we have, those we've had, and others which we would have had had it not been for the Reagan "revolution", and which would have come in handy during tough times like this, and which might have prevented this meltdown from happening at all. I'm for clean & green sustainable energy and SMART building, & massive public works projects for the 'Common Good', public healthcare and, most of all, I'm for education. Free to all, all the way, baby!



I am one of the 70% of liberals that make up the Democratic votership.



The DLC (pro-corporate, anti-populist, the Republican wing of the Democratic Party), through no acclaimation of the People or Democratic voters, controls the Democratic Party. The DLC, DINOs, are ideologically the moderate Republicans of the 1950s & 1960s. It's a t00l of the corporations, just like Republicans.



KEEP READING
About Elections Live
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP