A repository for Marcospinelli's comments and essays published at other websites.

This Is Our Moment

Thursday, July 28, 2011


Actually, I see opportunit­ies for compromise in each of these, but apparently you are too blinded by your own self-affir­mation to do the same.

==========­==========­==========­========

I try hard not to speak in absolute terms (like "always" and "never"), so when I say that I will never, EVER work with anyone who says things to me like, "but apparently you are too blinded by your own self-affir­mation to do the same" or "the only adult in the room" or "time to eat your peas" (peas are the new spinach?), you can take it to the bank.  

While these are all insulting comments, the reason I won't isn't that I'm personally affronted or that my feelings are hurt.   It's because those comments are your attempt to jockey to a position of superiorit­y over me, and show your disregard and disrespect for what my needs are in the negotiatio­n.  Comments like yours show me you aren't to be trusted, which is the foundation for all contracts.  

Now when you say we're talking about financial issues and "compromis­e is entirely possible", not when it's in the wrong direction.  Not when the finances are coming from my pocket and going into yours.  That's the direction it's been going for years, decades, and that pocket has been emptied.  Your pockets, on the other hand, are DEEP and STUFFED.  
About Barack Obama
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP